Sunday, February 6, 2011

God's Timing

"And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"  Ester 4:14

     Every time I read this verse it gives me chills.  It is one that has always resonated with me. I chose it to be the title of our blog because it has such meaning in my life.  It gives me hope.  It gives me strength.  It shows me how God has ordained me and my family to be where we are, doing what we are doing, when we are doing it, and that we are doing it for His glory.
 
     When I look back over my life, I can see how God has prepared us to adopt, and to do that now.  If we had tried earlier in life, it would not have the same meaning to us.  I believe we would have just been growing our family, not growing spiritually as well.  If we had not had miscarriages, I am not sure that the we would have treasured our children as much.  (That is not to say that one must experience infertility to treasure children, only that I personally would have taken them for granted and did.)  If we had adopted earlier, I do not believe we would have adopted from the same area of the world.  And if we had adopted earlier, our children who may very well be living today, would not have been alive then. 

      So to those of you who are waiting, remember that God's timing is perfect.

     We had to wait for such a time as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment